Mr. BOYD-by Mr. Roche-asked :
Has the following petition been received by the Hon. the Minister of Public Works To the Minister of Public Works of the
Dominion of Canada.
The undersigned, your petitioners, would respectfully say :-
1. Your petitioners residing along the west shore of Lake Manitoba are residents, being as shown as opposite our respective names herewith attached.
2. It is understood that next year a regular line of boats will operate on this lake.
3. Owing to our close proximity to the lake and the distance we are located from railway facilities, it is decidedly to our advantage to transport our farm products, etc., to the lake during the season of navigation.
4. There are obstacles in the way that prevent a boat from landing, in the nature of sandbars and rocks.
5. Your petitioners believe that for a very moderate expense these difficulties can be overcome, by dredging the sandbars and removing the rocks, for a landing at or near Lakeland, Big Point and Sandy Bay, as shown on the provincial maps.