^Return showing :
1. All contracts awarded by the Department of Railways and Canals during the year ending 30th June, 1901, in which the 'Current Wages' clause was incorporated, and the amount of such contracts.
2. The number of such contracts in which the
schedule of wages was prepared by the fair wages officers. *
3. The number of such contracts in which the schedule of wages was prepared by the contractors and accepted by the department.
4. The number of such contracts which were unaccompanied by schedule of wages.
5. The number of contracts awarded by the Department of Railways and Canals which did not contain cither e 'Current Wages' clause or a schedule of wages.-Mr. Puttee.
Copies of all applications for water powers and other similar rights on or connected with the Soulanges canal, and all correspondence with respect thereto, and all reports, letters, and communications of or from engineers or other experts respecting the same. Also, all leases granted to any person, firm or corporation. Mr. HAGGART.
tion of water powers or other similar rights on or connected *with the above named canal.- Mr. Bennett by Mr. Clarke.
Return for copies of all contracts made during two years past between the government of Canada and all steamship companies with whom it is agreed that a subsidy, bonus or grant of any kind shall be given by the government of Canada for services to be rendered in connection with Transatlantic, Transpacific or West Indian business.-Mr. Smith (Wentworth).
On motion of the Prime Minister, House adjourned at 4.30 p.m.