Bill (No. 136) to incorporate the Similka-meen and Keremeos Railway Company. Mr. Morrison.
Bill (No. 137) respecting certain patents of the Canadian Office and School Furniture Company Limited.-Mr. Clare.
PRIVATE BILLS-EXTENSION OF TIME.
DISMISSAL OF LORD DUNDONALD.
Right Hon. Sir WILFRID LAURIER (Prime Minister;. By command of His Excellency I have to inform the House that it litis pleased His Excellency the Governor in Council to relieve the Right Hon. the Earl of Dundonald from the position of Oenoral Officer Commanding the militia of Canada. I am prepared to lay the Order in Council immediately upon the table of the House, but as there is other correspondence, and I expect to be able to produce the whole of it during the present sitting of the House, I will keep this order until I am able to lay the whole of it before the House.
OPERATION OF GOVERNMENT RAILWAYS. Mr. POPE-by Air. Taylor-asked.
1. What were the receipts on the government system of railways for the current year up to the 31st of May last ?
2. What were the expenses of operation of the government system of railways for the current year up to the 31st of May last ?
£Ion. H. R. EMMERSON (Minister of Railways and Canals). This information has been prepared but it cannot be got ready until about the 20th of the month.
COST OF LABOUR COMMISSION, 1886.
FISHERY WARDEN, ALBERTON, P.E.I.
Air. HACIvETT asked :
1. What is the name of the fishery warden at Alberton, Prince Edward Island ?
2. When was he appointed and who recommended him ?
3. What amount of salary does he receive ?
4. How many licenses were issued to persons engaged in the fisheries at Alberton last year; and what are the names of the parties receiving such licenses ; and what fees were paid for the same 1 What description of fish was to be taken ?
5. Have any complaints been received by the department with regard to the conduct of the officer now in charge ?
POSTMASTER AT CHESLEY, ONT.
Mr. DONNEfLLY aslced :
,1. When did the office of postmaster of the village of Chesley, Ontario, become vacant ?
2. Has a successor to the late postmaster been appointed ?
3. If not, when will the government make the appointment ?