1. How much coal is supplied each year for the Militia Department in connection with the Halifax garrison?
2. What price is paid for hard and soft coal, respectively ?
3. Is it true that the government pays $4.3' per ton of 2,000 pounds, while the imperial government paid the same price per ton of 2.240 pounds
4. Is it true that the imperial government
obtained delivery not only in the city but at outposts and forts for the price of $4.35 per ton of 2,240 pounds, and that the present government, in addition to the increased price above-mentioned, pays the cost of delivery to the outposts and forts at a cost of about $1 per ton? .
5. What part, if any, of the 12,000 tons is supplied after public advertisement and tender ?
6. How long have Messrs. George E. Boak & Son, or George E. Boak, had this contract ?
7. Is it true that the contract is given to them direct by the department without tender ?
8. What are all the facts in connection with the supplying of this coal and the increase in price to the country, if any ?
Subtopic: COMMON'S HALIFAX GARRISON COAL SUPPLT.