1. Was there a contract made between the Government and Messrs. NoS Poupart and Duranceau of Laprairie, for the erection of the protecting wall at the town of Laprairie, at the highlands of St. Lambert?
2. Were tenders asked for that purpose? If so, in what papers were the notices published?
3. At what date were they asked for, and when did the time for the reception thereof expire ?
4. Did the Public Works Department at Ottawa ask that 1,400 feet be completed during last fall, that is the part between St. Jacques river and the high lands of St. Lambert, in order that the road called Boulevard Edward VII, which was completed last November by the provincial Government, be utilized?
5. What are the names of the parties who have sent in tenders and the amount of each tender?
6. Was the lowest tenderer awarded the contract and to whom has it been given?
7. Is the contract signed by the contractors? If so, is it the intention of the Government to see to it that the works start next spring?
8. Is the Government aware that those works are said to be absolutely necessary, particularly the 8,000 feet of road forming part of Boulevard Edward VII?
Subtopic: PROTECTING WALL AT LAPRAIRIE.