2. (a) Work done consisted in the rebuilding of a portion of the face timber on the west side of the wharf; the slip was also repaired, and general repairs done to the planking and sheathing of the wharf, (b) $1,463.62. (c) Completed, (d) Day labour,
as it was a work of repairs.
3. Daniel Walker. $2.50 per day.
4. (a) E. W. Legrand, M. Walker, Jas. Ray, Wm. Imhoff, John Imhoff, J. H. Flowers, D. Law, J. S. Thompson, Jas. Ren-ouf, A. Dobson, A. Flowers, H. Caldwell, R. P. Flowers, W. P. Flowers, C. Hall, B. Rousey, J. Weary, (b) No.
1. A small pole light was installed on Grindstone wharf, Magdalen islands. The old lighthouse at Perce was rebuilt in concrete and a new lantern and apparatus supplied from the lighthouse depot at Prescott.
2. The tower at Perce was built by contract after inviting public tenders.
3. Tenders for the above were as follows: Joseph A. Boucher, carpenter, Perce, P.Q., $1,845; Charles Lamb, contractor, Perce, P.Q., $2,225; Lewis Maloney, contractor. Barachois West, P.Q., $2,500. The contract
* was awarded to the lowest tenderer. The new light at Grindstone consists of a lantern hoisted on a pole. The lantern was supplied out of departmental stores. The total expenditure in connection with the installation was $162.64.
Subtopic: GASPE -AND BONA VENTURE LIGHT -HOUSES.