William Thomas White (Minister of Finance and Receiver General)
Sir THOMAS WHITE (Minister of Finance):
On Friday last the hon. member for South Renfrew (Mr. Graham) asked for information as to payments made by the Canadian Northern Railway Company on interest account under section 29 of the Act of 1914. I beg to lay upon the Table a statement showing that the interest has been paid in full to March 1, 1917, and that the next payment of interest is due on September 1, 1917. I also beg to lay upon the Table the following statements in respect of the Canadian Northern railway:
1. Interim Condensed Balance Sheet as at April 30, 1917.
2. Statement of estimate of cost to complete lines and terminals under construction, and financial provision for same.
3. Statement of contractors' and other construction accounts outstanding, 30th June, 1917.
4. Memorandum re unsold lands.
5. Estimate of amount required for betterments and rolling stock for three years.
These statements were all enclosed in a letter from the assistant to vice-president Canadian Northern Railway system. I also lay this letter upon the Table.
Subtopic: INTERIM BALANCE SHEET AND OTHER STATEMENTS PRESENTED.