1. What is the duty per pound at present on raw sugar similar in quality to the raw sugar taken from sugar beets coming into Canada from the West Indies and Australia, separately, and what will the duty be on said raw sugar when the treaty between Canada and the West Indies now before parliament is consummated ?
2. What was the duty on same grade of raw sugar previous to the reduction of duty on this product in 1923?
3. How many vessels of the Canadian merchant marine operate between Canada and the West Indies?
4. What was the amount lost in operating these vessels each year since they have been placed in that service?
5. What subsidies, if any, were paid in years 1921, 1922, 1923, 1924, 1925, separately, to vessel owners operating between Canada and the West Indies?
Subtopic: DUTY ON RAW SUGAR