1. Have representations been made to the government on behalf of the lumber interests of British Columbia, urging the necessity of inaugurating or encouraging a steamship service to Australia of boats suitable for carrying lumber, to endeavour to secure a better share of the Australian lumber market than we now possess?
2. What action is contemplated by the government?
Subtopic: B.C. LUMBER-SHIPPING SERVICE TO AUSTRALIA
1. Has the attention of the government been called to the serious situation of farmers in the county of Sherbrooke, whose herds have just been tested and a large percentage of their animals gone down under the test?
2. Will anything be done immediately to supply these farmers with money to enable them to purchase new stock rather than abandon their farms? _
3. As money for this is not available until after the estimates are voted, can anything be done in the meantime?
Subtopic: SHERBROOKE FARMERS
Sub-subtopic: COMPENSATION FOR SLAUGHTERED CATTLE
1. How many annual or trip passes were issued by the Canadian National Railways and the Department of Railways and Canals to other than employees of the Canadian National Railways, other railways, senators, members of the House of Commons and their families, during the year 1928?
2. To whom were passes issued?
3. What was the occupation of those to whom passes were issued?
Subtopic: CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAYS-PASSES
Mr. Speaker, I should like to draw the attention of the Postmaster General (Mr. Veniot) to the return which was placed on the table recently in connection with the dismissal of Mr. Whittaker, postmaster at Simcoe. This return does not appear to be complete. Will the Postmaster General have any objection to placing the original file on the table?