1. Was Major General A. G. L. McNaughton, *chief of general staff, seconded to the National Research Council; if so, on what date?
_ 2. Was he retired as chief of general staff; if so, on what date; if not, why?
3. Referring to the previous paragraph, in the affirmative, what is his pension as chief of general staff, from the date of his retirement?
4. If the answer to paragraph 2 is in the
negative, what pension will be paid to the said McNaughton: (a) if he is sent back to the
Department of National Defence and retired as chief of general staff before July 4, 1936; (b) if his retirement takes place on or after July 4, 1942, and if he is seconded until then by the Department of National Defence to the National Research Council?
5. Did his predecessor, Dr. H. M. Tory, the former president of the National Research Council, receive a pension?
6. Is there any statutory provision for a pension to be paid to the president of the National Research Council; if so, what is it?
Subtopic: MAJOR-GENERAL A. G. L. MCNAUGHTON