My hon. friend tells me that he was referring to the counsel who represented the government in connection with the contract. The question goes on to say:
Did the counsels mentioned in No. 1 not inform the commissioner?
I may tell my hon. friend that at the inquiry the judge advocate general was called and gave evidence with regard to the preparation of the contract, and also stated that he had consulted the Department of Justice in reference thereto. Therefore I do not think the inference, that there was no information given the commissioner, is entirely correct. As I understand it, the judge advocate general and the officers of the Department of Justice were the ones who represented the government in connection with the preparation of the contract.
1. What is the scale of wages paid to male employees, according to trades, at the dominion arsenals of (a) Quebec city (Palace hill); (b) Quebec city (St. Malo district) ; (c) Val-cartier, Quebec; (d) Lindsay, Ontario?
2. What is the scale of wages paid to female employees in the dominion arsenals as above?
3. Has the national defence tax been deducted from dominion arsenal employees earning less than $600 per year?
4. If so, when will refund be made to such
5. Will interest be paid on sums so retained from these employees?
6. If so, what rate of interest will be paid?
Topic: QUESTIONS PASSED AS ORDERS FOR RETURNS
Subtopic: DOMINION ARSENALS-NATIONAL DEFENCE TAX