408. To provide for the liquidation of contracts, including commitments of previous years related to the acquisition of assets operated by the department or an agency of the department; and for miscellaneous and unforeseen expenses, $500,090.
409. Reconstruction projects, subject to allocation by the treasury board, $1,000,000.
Housing development, including commitments of previous years-
410. To provide for payments of amounts owing under guarantees pursuant to item 571 of schedule A to the Appropriation Act No. 5, 1947 (and pursuant to corresponding items in previous appropriation acts) to approved lending institutions in respect of loans made for the purpose of financing the conversion of existing houses into multiple family houses, such payments to be made out of unappropriated moneys in the consolidated revenue fund, $1.
411. Home conversion plan, $50,099.
412. Emergency shelter
413. Wartime Housing Limited, $50,000,000.
414. Cost of moving houses from one locality to another to meet emergency shelter requirements, $500,090.
415. Incentive bonus to industry to expedite the production of strategic building materials, $370,009.
416. To provide for production and transportation subsidies on steel and iron under such terms and conditions as may be approved by the governor in council, $5,090,099.
417. Administration, reconversion and operation of Canadian Arsenals Limited, $2,999,090.
418. To provide for research and development of jet engines and aircraft, $2,090,909.
396. Administration and investigations of the dominion fuel board, $82,608.
397. Payments in connection with the movements of coal under conditions prescribed by the governor in council, $4,590,000.
National research council