Resolved, that it is expedient to introduce a measure to amend the Excise Tax Act and to provide:
1. That the excise tax on goods enumerated in schedule I of the act that are at present subject to the rate of twenty-five per cent be reduced to fifteen per cent.
2. That the excise tax on furs and articles manufactured of fur be reduced from twenty-five per cent to fifteen per cent.
3. That the excise tax on soft drinks be reduced from thirty per cent to fifteen per cent and that there be assessed, levied and collected an excise tax of fifteen per cent on preparations for household use in making soft drinks.
4. That the excise tax on stoves, washing machines and refrigerators be repealed.
5. That the excise tax on carbonic acid gas be reduced from fifty cents to twenty-five cents per pound.
6. That the excise tax on cigarettes be reduced1 from two and three-quarter cents to two cents for each five or fraction of five cigarettes contained in each package.