March 12, 1952 (21st Parliament, 6th Session)


Mr. Mutch: (Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Veterans Affairs)


1. No statistical record is kept of Indian veterans as such.
2. The case of an Indian veteran notresident on a reservation is dealt with in the same manner as the case of any otherveteran. The allowance is paid by monthly cheque either directly to the veteran or if the war veterans allowance board or a district authority directs that the allowance beadministered, to an administrator. The
administrator may be either the district office of the Department of Veterans Affairs or a responsible person appointed by the board or the district authority.
3. Answered by No. 2.

Subtopic:   INDIANS
Full View