1. Fiscal year (a) Salary (b) Expenses
$ 8,484.00 $2,588.531948- 49
12,000.00 3,718.661949- 50
12,000.00 3,327.431950- 51
333.00 Nil1951- 52
7,806.45 1,032.501952-53 (1 month) 625.00 Nil
2. General Kennedy combines work of and for the eastern Rockies forest conservation board with that of operating a private practice as consulting engineer. Some portion of virtually every day is devoted to work of the board. This varies from interviews with personnel of the Department of Resources and Development, the Auditor General's department or u.e treasury department, to correspondence and preparation of material for reports, study of legislation, etc.
Orders for Returns
In addition to the foregoing, General Kennedy devoted his full time to the work of the board on the following number of days:
Fiscal Year Days
(He was on leave of absence without pay from April 1, 1950, to August 7, 1951, but nevertheless attended and served as chairman at board meetings in June and October of 1950.)
3. The basis of General Kennedy's agreement with the Department of Mines and Resources in 1947 was that he would serve as chairman of the eastern Rockies forest conservation board and give as much time as was necessary to carry out the work of the board and to direct its affairs. He serves as chairman and in the formative stages of the board he acted in the capacity of both chief engineer and chief forester.
4. Yes. General Kennedy served as director of the United Nations relief and works agency for Palestine refugees from April 1, 1950, to June 30, 1951. During this period he was on leave of absence without pay from the eastern Rockies forest conservation board.
5. (a) In addition to the position with United Nations, General Kennedy has served as chairman of the forest insects control board. He also served as chairman of the associate committee in forestry of the national research council. No remuneration was paid for these two positions, (b) Not available except for No. 4.
Subtopic: GENERAL HOWARD KENNEDY