Mr. Bell (Carleton)
1. What are the appropriate standards of competence in the two official languages required by the Public Service Commission prior to qualification of a public servant to receive a seven per cent bonus?
2. What examinations or other tests are held to assure (i) attainment (ii) continued retention, of such appropriate standards?
3. What audit or other supervision is conducted by the Public Service Commission of certificates which may be given by Deputy Heads of compliance with required conditions?
4. In how many instances, if any, by departments, has the Public Service Commission disagreed with the certificate of a Deputy Head and with what result?
5. What amount of use of a second official language is required for qualification for bonus?
6. What audit or other supervision is conducted by the Public Service Commission to ensure the actual continuance of such minimum use of a second official language?
7. Has the payment of the bonus been cancelled in any instances for lack of continuance of minimum use of a second official language and, if so, in how many instances?
8. Of the 1,780 persons shown in the answer to question No. 784 as receiving the seven per cent bonus, how many, by departments, are persons whose (a) mother tongue is English and are paid the bonus for competence in the French language (b) mother tongue is French and are paid the bonus for competence in the English language?
Subtopic: PUBLIC SERVICE BILINGUAL BONUS