1. Captain Edward Godfrey Carty, Canadian Militia. Appointed prov. lieutenant, 23rd Battery, 8th Brigade, Canadian Militia, 18th December, 1915. Attended Royal School of Artillery, Kingston, 10th January, 1915, to March, 1915. Qualified for lieutenant, artillery. Appointed adjutant and paymaster, Signal Training Depot, C.E.F. (Ottawa), 13th March, 1916. Transferred to 2nd Depot Battalion, Eastern Ontario Regiment (Ottawa), as paymaster, with effect from 29th December, 1917. Struck off the strength of the Canadian Expeditionary Force on general demobilization, 10th September, 1919. This officer had no overseas war service.
2. $1,800 per annum, plus bonus.
4. Answered by No. 3.
5. No, so far as the Civil Service Commission is aware.
6. No information.
8. Department of Railways and Canals.
10. No, the regulations did not require examination for those only temporarily employed.
11. Answered by No. 10.
12. Answered by No. 9.
Subtopic: CAPTAIN CARTY