Hon. Mr. LAPOINTE:
The answer to these questions will be contained in the return moved for by Mr. Hocken for Mr. Hanson on the 14th instant.
ST. ANNE-ST. CHARLES TELEGRAPH Mr. HANSON:
1. What were the revenues from the telegraph line between St. Anne and St. Charles, in the county of Chicoutimi, during the past five years?
2. What were the revenues of the same line between St. Charles and Peribonka during the same period of time?
3. What were the expenses for the maintenance and salaries on each of these sections during the same years ?
4. Does the government know that the length of this line there is a telephone system which serves all the parishes and which is in direct communication with all telegraph offices of the district, and that consequently the existence of this telegraph line has become absolutely useless from all standpoints?
5. Is it the intention of the government in these circumstances to discontinue immediately the maintenance of these two sections of telegraph, which have no reason for existing from the standpoint of public interest and economy?
Subtopic: MARGAREE RIVER SALMON FISHERIES ASSOCIATION