1. Who were applicants to the Post Office department or to the Civil Service Commission
for the position of postmaster at Hartland, New Brunswick, rendered vacant by the death of postmaster J. E. McCollom?
2. By what persons or organizations was each applicant recommended?
3. Who, if any, of such applicants were returned soldiers?
4. What applicants were appointed or recommended by the Civil Service Commission?
5. Which recommendations or appointments were rejected by the Post Office department, and on what grounds?
6. Which appointment or recommendation was accepted by the Post Office department?
7. Did anybody consult personally, or by letter, rvith the Postmaster General or Post Office department at Ottawa in reference to such applications, and if so, on behalf of what applicant or applicants?
8. If so, what grounds were presented by said party or parties on behalf of such applicant?
9. Was any recommendation made to the said party or parties to the postmaster general, or to any official of his department on behalf of any applicant by the liberal committee at said Hartland ?
Subtopic: HARTLAND, N.B. POSTMASTERSHIP