1. What are the names of the various municipalities and towns in the county of Beau-harnois, which applied for grants under the Unemployment Relief Act?
2. What grant was received by each municipality or town ?
3. What was the federal contribution in each
4. What was the provincial contribution in
5. Wliat was the municipal contribution in each case?
6. What amounts have been expended anu paid by the federal government to each municipality in each ease?
7. What amounts were granted to these various municipalities out of the special fund and for charitable purposes by virtue of the Unemployment Relief Act?
Answers of the Department of Labour
(As at May 14, 1931)
Dominion Provincial MunicipalMunicipalities Amount Contribution Contribution ContributionBeauharnois Ville $12,000 $ 3.000 8 3,000 $ 6,000St. Louis de Gonzague 2,000 500 500 1,000St. Thimothee Village 1,200 300 300 600Salaberry de Valleyfield City. 60,000 15,000 15,000 30,0002. See reply to No. 1.3. See reply to No. 1.4. See reply to No. 1.5. See reply to No. 1.6. No payments made by t'he Dominion to the above municipalities in respect of public works.7. No grants are made for direct relief. On accounts submitted by Valleyfield for direct relief the Dominion has paid $169.97.
Subtopic: UNEMPLOYMENT RELIEF